It was the celeb confession that rocked the world: "What do you wear to bed?" "Just a few drops of No. 5…" After silver-screen legend Marilyn Monroe confessed to sleeping nude—save for a spritz of her favorite fragrance—back in 1952, the scent experienced stratospheric success and became forever linked with the image of Old Hollywood glamor.
Now, with the second clip in its highly informative "Inside Chanel" series, the label has plucked archival interviews and little-seen imagery of the film queen to explore her relationship with the iconic No. 5 fragrance. Check it out below.
More on Luckymag.com:
- Marilyn Monroe: Her Most Iconic Looks
- Chanel’s New Micro-site Will Teach You Something You Didn’t Know
- Eight Engagement Rings Under $500
- Gift Guide: Kate Middleton-Obsessed
- How to Totally Own Ugly Chic
Keep up with the Lucky team on Twitter: Follow @LuckyMagazine