After Dior rolled out those awesomely minimalist shots of Jennifer Lawrence in the house’s spring looks, we knew it was only a matter of time before a corresponding campaign starring Marion Cotillard, one of Dior’s go-to gals since 2009. Now, the images are finally here—and unlike J Law’s brightly-lit ads, Marion’s were shot with a heavy emphasis on shadows and darkness.
It’s interesting to note that this is the actress’ first campaign for Lady Dior since Raf Simons took over the label. Gone are the thigh-high hemlines, cleavage-baring bodices and sheer evening dresses of Marion’s previous Dior spots—this time around, the Oscar winner wears long sleeves in almost every shot, resulting in imagery that’s more sophisticated than sultry. What do you think of the campaign’s new look? (Ha! Dior humor!)
Photos courtesy of Dior
More on Luckymag.com:
- Jennifer Lawrence’s Miss Dior Campaign Is Finally Here!
- Video: Jennifer Lawrence Talks Dior’s Classic Status
- Marion Cotillard Designed Her Own Bag For Lady Dior
- Shop the Lookbook: A.P.C. & Vanessa Seward Spring 2013
- Kate Upton Dresses Like Carrie on Homeland, And Other Things She Told Us
Keep up with the Lucky team on Twitter: Follow @LuckyMagazine