While we’re hugely supportive of "going dutch" in most circumstances, there’s something so old fashioned—and honestly, antiquated—about St. Valentine. If you’re actually going to celebrate, it just feels like the dude should pay.
The easiest solution? Cook dinner together at home—it’ll probably taste better anyway, since kitchens tend to be inundated on February 14, driving down the quality of the food.
What do you think? Is Martha, the Wise One, full of it? Or do you agree?
More from Luckymag.com:
- Celebs We Want to See at NYFW
- Arizona Muse, Karlie Kloss, Lou Doillon Get Excited for Fashion Month
- Brad Goreski Tells You What to Wear on Valentine’s Day
- Win a Shopping Trip to L.A. and Tokyo!
- Chanel’s Valentine’s Day Accessories Last Way Longer Than Chocolates or Flowers
Keep up with the Lucky team on Twitter: Follow @LuckyMagazine