Last night, Michelle Obama chose to wear yet another look from Jason Wu to her husband’s State of the Union address: an
oxblood burgundy cocktail dress featuring a black bodice with cool leather piping. While the ensemble was technically from Wu’s Pre-Fall 2013 collection, you won’t find this exact look on Style.com, as it was tweaked from its original design for modesty’s sake. The original dress featured a sexy halter neckline, a body-con skirt and waaaay more leather—not exactly appropriate for a big-deal political event, you see.
The FLOTUS finished off her look with a sparkly Alexis Bittar brooch we’ve spotted her wearing before, and those bangs. Click through to shop a few similarly color-blocked dresses.
Photo: AFP/Getty Images
More on Luckymag.com:
- Happy Birthday, Michelle Obama! Check Out the First Lady’s Best Style Moments
- Michelle Obama’s Inauguration Ceremony Looks: Which Wins Your Vote?
- Michelle Obama Wears Jason Wu—Again!—to the Inaugural Ball
- Shop it on myLucky: Jason Wu-Inspired Peplum Top / Skinny Pant Combos
- John Jannuzzi’s Fashion Week Sketchbook
Keep up with the Lucky team on Twitter: Follow @LuckyMagazine