The Scene: A U-shaped mirrored runway under one of Lincoln Center’s cavernous tents. Stylists—including Mary Alice Stephenson, dressed in black and white—and socialites wait to scope out black-tie options and, just before the lights dim, actress Nina Dobrev from The Vampire Diaries is ushered to her front-row seat.
The Look: Although she’s well known for fairy princess wedding wear, Monique Lhuillier’s Fall 2012 designs were sharp-lined and sexy. No sane bride would outfit her attendants in this collection, lest she be upstaged by the body-conscious sheaths and slinky metallic gowns. However, all the nipped waists and sparkly details do make for perfect party dresses and we expect more than a few of these looks will make it to the red carpet soon.
Pieces We Want: The slim blazers paired with high-waisted pants were mind-blowingly chic and exactly what we want for our next big event. One jacket in particular, with beaded elbows and lapels, completely won us over. We’d wear it just as it was shown: with a sheer blouse, slicked-back hair and bright red lip.
More on Luckymag.com:
- Charlotte Ronson Fall 2012: Electric Knits and a Focus on the Collar
- Whitney Houston Dies at 48—Here Are Her Most Memorable Looks
- The Mary Katrantzou for Topshop Lookbook Is Here!
- Simon Doonan and Jonathan Adler Have Got You Covered This Valentine’s Day
- Mulberry Made You A Valentine’s Day Mix Tape
Keep up with the Lucky team on Twitter: Follow @LuckyMagazine