The Spring 2013 New York shows are in full swing, but our designer music mixes just keep on coming! Runway playlists are great and all, but we want to know which songs are inspiring our favorite designers and informing their entire creative process, too. So we asked some of our industry favorites to divulge their current tunes of choice—and now, we’re sharing them with you!
Ann Yee’s clothes combine influences both modern (downtown draping, unexpected slits and slashes) and classic (cozy knits, fit-and-flare silhouettes). And that same balance applies to her playlist, with tracks from cool-kid faves Grimes and Lower Dens sharing space with Patti Smith and The Clash. Listen below.
Pictured: A sketch from Ann Yee’s Spring 2013 collection
More on Luckymag.com:
- Music Mood Board: Mathieu Mirano’s Spring 2013 Playlist
- Music Mood Board: Yigal Azrouël’s Spring 2013 Playlist
- Music Mood Board: Sharon Wauchob of Edun’s Spring 2013 Playlist
- Music Mood Board: Rachel Antonoff’s Spring 2013 Playlist
- Music Mood Board: Chris Benz’s Spring 2013 Playlist
Keep up with the Lucky team on Twitter: Follow @LuckyMagazine