While we wait with bated breath to see what the New York’s top designers will show at Spring 2013 Fashion Week, we’re equally excited about the music our favorite talents are loving right now. It’s about more than just a simple runway playlist—we wanted to get the scoop on the songs that are inspiring these designers and informing their entire creative process, too. So we asked some of our industry favorites to divulge their current tunes of choice—and now, we’re sharing them with you!
Milan-based shoe designer Max Kibardin got his big break working with the one and only Karl Lagerfeld. Now the creative director at Bruno Magli, he also designs a namesake collection of Old Hollywood-inspired heels trimmed with feathers and sparkling stones. It’s fitting that his playlist, filled with the likes of Ladytron, M.I.A. and Cassius, is a perfect party soundtrack!
Photo: A sketch from Max Kibardin’s Spring 2013 collection
More on Luckymag.com:
- Music Mood Board: Kimberly Ovitz’s Spring 2013 Playlist
- Music Mood Board: Jenni Kayne’s Spring 2013 Playlist
- Exclusive: In We Are Handsome’s Lookbook Video, Swim Meets Street
- Labor Day Weekend Sales: The Best In-Store Savings
- Rachel Zoe’s First Birkin: A True Story
Keep up with the Lucky team on Twitter: Follow @LuckyMagazine