While we wait with bated breath to see what the New York’s top designers will show at Spring 2013 Fashion Week, we’re equally excited about the music our favorite talents are loving right now. It’s about more than just a simple runway playlist—we wanted to get the scoop on the songs that are inspiring these designers and informing their entire creative process, too. So we asked some of our industry favorites to divulge their current tunes of choice—and now, we’re sharing them with you!
Rebecca Minkoff, who over the past several years has successfully grown her namesake handbag collection into a full-blown ready-to-wear label, is a music maven in every sense of the word. She’s promised a live performance at her upcoming runway show this September; last season, she had Theophilus London perform. Appropriately, he’s included on her playlist, which you can listen to in full below.
Pictured: A sketch from Rebecca Minkoff’s Spring 2013 collection
More on Luckymag.com:
- Music Mood Board: Kelly Wearstler’s Spring 2013 Playlist
- Music Mood Board: Rachel Roy’s Spring 2013 Playlist
- Music Mood Board: Jenni Kayne’s Spring 2013 Playlist
- Music Mood Board: Kimberly Ovitz’s Spring 2013 Playlist
- Music Mood Board: Max Kibardin’s Spring 2013 Playlist
Keep up with the Lucky team on Twitter: Follow @LuckyMagazine