While we wait with bated breath to see what New York’s top designers will show at Spring 2013 Fashion Week, we’re equally excited about the music our favorite talents are loving right now. It’s about more than just a simple runway playlist—we wanted to get the scoop on the songs that are inspiring these designers and informing their entire creative process, too. So we asked some of our industry favorites to divulge their current tunes of choice—and now, we’re sharing them with you!
We love taking in the richly textural, incredibly wearable looks at J.Crew‘s seasonal presentations at the tents—especially because we know we stand a chance at actually affording them once those clothes hit stores! And judging by the soothing tunes on his playlist—think Beach House, Charlotte Gainsbourg and Cat Power—we’re pretty sure we’d enjoy hanging out with the brand’s head of women’s design, Tom Mora. We’ll likely be playing his picks on loop all NYFW long.
Pictured: A fabric swatch from J.Crew’s Spring 2013 collection
More on Luckymag.com:
- Music Mood Board: Rachel Antonoff’s Spring 2013 Playlist
- Music Mood Board: Tommy Hilfiger’s Spring 2013 Playlist
- Music Mood Board: Rebecca Minkoff’s Spring 2013 Playlist
- Music Mood Board: Wes Gordon’s Spring 2013 Playlist
- Music Mood Board: Rachel Roy’s Spring 2013 Playlist
Keep up with the Lucky team on Twitter: Follow @LuckyMagazine