While we wait with bated breath to see what New York’s top designers will show at Spring 2013 Fashion Week, we’re equally excited about the music our favorite talents are loving right now. It’s about more than just a simple runway playlist—we wanted to get the scoop on the songs that are inspiring these designers and informing their entire creative process, too. So we asked some of our industry favorites to divulge their current tunes of choice—and now, we’re sharing them with you!
Israeli-born French-Moroccan designer Yigal Azrouël is famous for his body-skimming dresses and cozy knitwear. Celebs like Kristen Stewart and Olivia Wilde turn to him when they need paparazzi-friendly but thoroughly unstuffy red carpet looks—and as he prepares to show his spring wares, Yigal’s listening to a mix of rock ‘n’ roll classics and newer, alternative fare. Check out his mix below.
Pictured: A fabric swatch from Yigal’s Spring 2013 collection
More on Luckymag.com:
- Music Mood Board: Rachel Antonoff’s Spring 2013 Playlist
- Music Mood Board: Rebecca Minkoff’s Spring 2013 Playlist
- Music Mood Board: Tommy Hilfiger’s Spring 2013 Playlist
- Music Mood Board: Max Kibardin’s Spring 2013 Playlist
- Music Mood Board: Kelly Wearstler’s Spring 2013 Playlist
Keep up with the Lucky team on Twitter: Follow @LuckyMagazine