Nicole Richie’s adoptive father, Lionel Richie, and husband, Joel Madden, are both singers, so it’s unsurprising that her designs are heavily influenced by music. And not just from songs of the ’60s and ’70s, two eras frequently referenced in her personal style.
"I do have a wide range of tastes in music," she says in the video below. "And I do think that probably effect the way I design as well. I like to have a little mixture of everything in my designs."
This sensibility is very apparent in the star’s upcoming Macy’s Impulse collection, which incorporates everything from fur trims to bright patterns. Watch the following footage for a behind-the-scenes glimpse at the range before it hits stores September 12.
More on Luckymag.com:
- Download Our Digital Edition!
- Maria Cornejo On Walking Across the Brooklyn Bridge, Skim Lattes and Why She Won’t Wear Dresses
- Rachel Zoe’s First Birkin: A True Story
- Who Looked Best at the Bachelorette Premiere?
- The Best New Nail Colors for Fall
- Let’s Make It a Trend: Porcupine Jewelry
Keep up with the Lucky team on Twitter: Follow @LuckyMagazine