This week, designers seemed to care about two things, and two things only: the ’90s, and the peplum. But Tory Burch ignored both, sticking with what she does best—preppy, eclectic chic. Her collection was filled with all the earthy prints, tribal jewelry and snappy colors I’ve come to associate with the brand.
Yet I didn’t mind the lack of surprise—in fact, I’m kind of into it. Because, as cool as they seem now, I’ll eventually grow tired of bathing bonnets, overalls and midriff-baring Mickey Mouse sweaters. But Tory’s timeless summer dresses? Those I’d wear forever.
photo credits: WWD/Robert Mitra
More on Luckymag.com:
- NYFW Spring 2013: Vera Wang’s Indian Summer
- NYFW Spring 2013: J.Crew Plays with Barbies
- NYFW Spring 2013: Karen Walker Looks to the Nifty Fifties—And Outer Space
- Eight Ways to Change Up Your Beauty Routine for Fall
- NYFW Spring 2013: Stacey Bendet On What We Can Learn From the ’50s
Keep up with the Lucky team on Twitter: Follow @LuckyMagazine