Don’t get me wrong, guys—I read Fifty Shades of Grey, I fully understand that leather-on-leather’s a huge deal right now, and I get that dressing up in something sexy can lend any lady a huge confidence boost. Still, I’ve never been one to embrace particularly, shall we say, kinky fashion statements. And that’s precisely why I loved the black and white leather harnesses that came down the runway at BCBG Max Azria today.
Rather than being cut from va-va-voom glossy patent or covered in studs, these accessories were made from lovely grained leather and layered over pretty, neutral-hued lace and chiffon dresses. They may have been inspired by Helmut Newton’s scandalous photographs, but they still seemed surprisingly wearable. Some even appeared to be topped with dainty little Windsor collars.
Another point of interest at BCBG? The presence of one of my favorite up-and-coming musical acts, MS MR, on the soundtrack. The New York boy-girl duo’s first single "Hurricane" has been on constant rotation on my iPhone lately, and it was a great surprise to hear the track used on the runway here. Listen to "Hurricane" below and prepare to fall in love.
Photos: Fairchild Archive
More on Luckymag.com:
- Happy Birthday, Pippa Middleton! Shop Her Best Looks Ever
- The Shops at Target Bring Out Hailee Steinfeld, Jessica Chastain and More
- Kiernan Shipka and a Bunch of Impeccably-Dressed Kids Sit Front Row at the Ralph Lauren Girls Show
- Music Mood Board: Sharon Wauchob of Edun’s Spring 2013 Playlist
- Shop It: Fall Street Style
Keep up with the Lucky team on Twitter: Follow @LuckyMagazine