LA-based eveningwear designer and 2008 CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund nominee JC Obando presented his arty, print-dotted Spring 2013 collection at the very grand Park Avenue Armory—inventively enlisting paper maché animal-headed figures as models.
The peplum accented and graphic-adorned dresses and separates were cut in ultra-feminine silhouettes, but what really caught our attention were the patterned bungee cord belts nipping in the waists. Obando said he always likes to find pieces from "unexpected sources." We’re into the dichotomy of utilitarian and elegance in the same outfit, but what really gets us is how generous the bungee cord will be after indulging in a gluttonous meal.
More on Luckymag.com:
- Exclusive: Marais USA’s Fall 2012 Beach-to-Forest Lookbook
- Shop It: Fall Street Style
- Charlotte Olympia Weaves a Collaborative Web With Olympia Le-Tan
- Lucky Stars: Michelle Obama Wears Custom Tracy Reese
- Music Mood Board: Tom Mora of J.Crew’s Spring 2013 Playlist
Keep up with the Lucky team on Twitter: Follow @LuckyMagazine