The Scene: Designers (and sisters) Alexandra and Kristen O’Neill drew inspiration from Native American textiles and prairie imagery, but they wisely chose not to take their theme too literally. In keeping with their polished and feminine aesthetic, every piece they showed for fall was utterly wearable, not to mention completely covetable.
The Soundtrack: Johnny Cash’s "Ring of Fire."
The Look: Crisp coats and pleated dresses in shades of burgundy, black and goldenrod. Leather was the duo’s material of choice, used in everything from shorts to skirts to entire dresses. And that Native American inspiration shone through via a tribal-style burgundy and blue pattern worked into cocktail dresses and outerwear.
Pieces We Want: A pair of leather-pocketed, zip-front shorts would make for a perfect weekend staple, and a navy coat inset with cranberry-colored blanket stripes was beautifully sharp.
More on Luckymag.com:
- Whitney Houston Dies at 48—Here are Her Most Memorable Looks
- Lacoste Fall 2012: Alpine Fresh
- Charlotte Ronson Fall 2012: Electric Knits and a Focus on the Collar
- Jen Kao Fall 2012: Holy Kao
- Kate Spade New York Fall 2012: For Smart Girls Who Enjoy the French
Keep up with the Lucky team on Twitter: Follow @LuckyMagazine