For the past few seasons, Prabal Gurung has demonstrated his understanding of form, adornment and print. We’ve seen feathered and beaded digital manipulations of florals and skulls in electric violets, blues and reds. I’d venture a guess that many in the room were expecting another tour de force of print and proportion. Backstage instagrams showed us military inspiration, which we’ve seen hints of in previous collections. When the lights went down and back up for the runway, Prabal sent out a regiment of soldiers clad in peplums, fur, cut-outs and strong boots. There is little to be messed about with the girl who dresses herself in this collection and I certainly wouldn’t want to go up against her in any war. Like what you see? Don’t forget, his Target line drops today.
More from Luckymag.com:
- Prabal Gurung for Target: 10 Looks We Want Recreated
- Prabal Gurung for Target Coming This February
- NYFW Spring 2013: Prabal Gurung’s Red March
- Prabal Gurung’s Kaleidoscopic Spring Video Has Our Hearts Aflutter
- Prabal Gurung Fall 2012: Who’s The Boss?
For biting wit, follow John on Twitter: Follow @johnjannuzzi
Keep up with the Lucky team on Twitter: Follow @LuckyMagazine