After Queen Elizabeth carried custom Launer London handbags to all of her Diamond Jubilee events, the brand has reported a 58 percent increase in orders. The spending frenzy caused by Her Majesty’s favorite purse seems to have reached Kate Middleton-wearing-Issa proportions—Grazia Daily reports that earlier this month, an influx of traffic caused Launer’s website to crash.
The totes themselves are a big investment—they cost around £1020, or roughly $1585—but the shape is classic and matches everything. Although the royal’s versions are all bespoke, you can find a similar option for yourself on Launer.com, which thankfully is back up and running.
Would you buy one of Queen Elizabeth’s expensive carry-alls? Or are you more inspired by the Duchess of Cambridge’s wallet-friend style?
photo credit: Getty Images
More on Luckymag.com:
- Summer Outlet Shopping: The Survival Guide
- Shop It Out: Lana Del Rey’s ‘National Anthem’ Video
- Men Are Purchasing More Women’s Beauty Products Than Ever Before
- Honoring Nora Ephron: Unforgettable Looks From Her Best Movies
- One-On-One With Bass Shoes Designer, Anita Da Silva
Keep up with the Lucky team on Twitter: Follow @LuckyMagazine