I’ve been so busy trying new ways to improve myself in 2011 that it occurred to me that maybe I should slow down and try doing more of, well, nothing. When I don’t have the time or funds for a full spa day, I find the fastest way to decompress is by lighting a fancy candle. This weekend I plan on lying back on my couch with a good paperback and enjoying one of these soothing scents.
1. Paddywax Pear Candle, $24, paddywax.com. This clean, sweet scent helps keep you alert and refreshed.
2. Cire Trudon Trianon Candle, $75, barneys.com. From the company that has provided French royalty with candles for over 300 years, this luxurious buy is the perfect way to pamper yourself.
3. Trina Turk Desert Candle, $34,
trinaturk.com. I love how subtle this fragrance is–like the equivalent of leaving the windows open on a crisp autumn afternoon.
4. Fresh Sake Candle, $48, fresh.com. You will be addicted even before the blend of Chinese herbs and exotic fruit infuses your home.
5. Voluspa Japonica Candle Tin in Santiago Huckleberry, $18, anthropologie.com. A friend of mine gave me one of these floral-print tins and I got hooked–not only are they pretty to look at but the scents are layered and rich.
Day Two: Motivating Workout Gear
Day Three: Skin-Perfecting Scrubs
Day Four: Inspiring Yoga Gear
What’s with All the Spam in the Comments Section?
We’re sure that you’ve noticed the flood of spam in the comments section lately. Spammers beware–we are completely on top of it. As we figure out a way to put a stop to this madness, we ask you for your patience and that you don’t stop leaving your own comments, because we love hearing from you!