Today marks the first anniversary of the death of Amy Winehouse, who tragically passed away last summer at just 27. But between the success of her posthumously-released album Lioness: Hidden Treasures and her continued influence on designers like Jean Paul Gaultier, her spirit lives on. During her short life, the Back to Black singer established a personal style that was as distinct as her soulful voice. Favoring tight little wiggle dresses and Fred Perry polos, Amy accentuated her retro look with massive beehive hair and exaggerated cat eye makeup.
To celebrate her life, we remember the songstress’s ten best fashion moments.
More from Luckymag.com:
- Did Jean Paul Gaultier Go Too Far With his Amy Winehouse-Inspired Couture Show?
- In Memoriam: The Amy Winehouse Cat Eye
- In Memoriam: The Amy Winehouse (sky-high!) Beehive
- Amy Winehouse’s Final Collection for Fred Perry is Now Available
- Amy Winehouse’s Dress Sells For $70,440: Could Kate and Pippa Middleton’s Wedding Looks Be Next?
Keep up with the Lucky team on Twitter: Follow @LuckyMagazine