It’s hard to imagine Salma Hayek, with her ample curves and glowing skin, looking anything but effortlessly gorgeous. However, at the start of her prolific career, the actress struggled with her appearance.
"I had acne. And this acne was so bad, it sent me into a severe, severe depression," our May cover girl told us. "Like I couldn’t leave the house. I’d wake up in the morning and lie there and touch my face before I got up, just to prepare myself to look in the mirror! The next stage with that sort of depression is food: too little, or too much. Guess what I did? I mean, I was fat and broken out, I couldn’t leave the house and I couldn’t pay the rent!"
Eventually, an Accutane prescription repaired the star’s skin and the rest of her life looks just as clear and bright: she now happily lives in Paris with husband François-Henri Pinault and daughter Valentina where she juggles family life with acting and developing her beauty line, Nuance.
More on Luckymag.com:
- Salma’s Favorite Things
- Salma’s Biggest Red Carpet Moments
- Salma Hayek Stars in a New ‘Got Milk’ Campaign
- Do You Love To Match? Salma Hayek Shows Off a Red Trifecta: Lipstick, Belt and Shoes
- Your First Look at Gucci Couture, as Modeled by Salma Hayek
- Acne 101: 7 Clear-Skin Secrets That Will Change Your Life
- Karl Lagerfeld Is the Official Scenographer For the 26th Biennale des Antiquaires: We Explain What That Actually Means
Keep up with the Lucky team on Twitter: Follow @LuckyMagazine