Much as we adored Michelle Obama’s gorgeous Michael Kors dress from last night’s election festivities—a look shopped from her own closet, no less—we were also fans of the sweet circle skirts our re-elected POTUS’ daughters selected. And while the press has primarily focused on MObama‘s oxblood brocade dress, we just learned that Sasha’s emerald patterned skirt was the work of New York designer Chris Benz.
But wait—it gets better. Not only was the softly-pleated piece in question also a wardrobe repeat, but we first spotted it last year on Sasha’s big sister Malia, as reported by NBC’s Thread NY. We’ve always been advocates of sharing closet staples with our siblings—and it seems the same practice holds true in the White House, too. First Families: they’re just like us!
Photo: Getty Images
More on Luckymag.com:
- Michelle Obama’s Election Night Look: Shop it Now
- Decision 2012: Michelle Obama’s 100 Best Looks
- Holiday Gifts 2012: The Most Popular Kid’s Toys
- BaubleBar Collaborates With Essie
- Watch: Models Free Fall While Wearing Rachel Zoe’s Resort Collection
Keep up with the Lucky team on Twitter: Follow @LuckyMagazine