Few things make me happier than a brightcoral or fuschia lip—I instantly feel so glamorous, even when doing mundane things like buying produce. But if my lips are dry, the bold color only highlights lines and rough spots—and it looks totally unsexy.
Lip balm helps, but not always…depending on how badly I’ve been biting my lips (a habit I blame on Molly Ringwald). What does dramatically improve my lip texture is lip scrub. Much like a face scrub gently resurfaces your face to make it smooth, soft, and a better canvas for makeup, so does the lip version. Here, the best of the best, according to me:
1. Fresh Brown Sugar Lip Polish, $23, sephora.com
I tried this one based on the recommendation of Jean—and it is just as addictive and incredibly effective as the body version
2. The Lip Scrub by Sara Happ, $24, beautyhabit.com
This comes in 7 flavors (there’s always new ones), but my favorite is the peppermint because it’s cooling, refreshing, and flaky-skin-obliterating all at once.
3. Bliss Fabulips Sugar Lip Scrub, $18, blissworld.com
I love the really subtle vanilla and orange scent and washes off with minimal effort.
4. Jane Iredale Sugar & Butter Lip Exfoliator/Plumper, $24, janeiredale.com
On one side, a brown-sugar-blend scrub, on the other, a plumping, pink-tinted balm. Genius.
Tip: Apply lip balm immediately after using a scrub—I recommend the best lip balm in the world, a.k.a. By Terry Baume de Rose. Combining its moisturizing powers with any of these scrubs reminds me of this.
More on Luckymag.com:
- The 25 Most Powerful Celebrity Stylists
- J.Crew’s 30 Percent Off Sale: Here’s How to Get Your Entire Spring Wardrobe For Less Than $500
- SXSW Inspired Nail Art: Don’t Mess With Texas
- Banana Republic Names Dresses After Kate and Pippa Middleton, Reneges on Both
- Shop the Ralph Lauren Denim & Supply Spring Collection!
Keep up with the Lucky team on Twitter: Follow @LuckyMagazine