Titantic is back and having a moment. First it was the mega 3D release of the 1997 film, for which we celebrated Kate Winslet’s style evolution. And now in conjunction with the 100th anniversary of the ship’s sinking, ABC is premiering a four-part miniseries (full of awesome period costumes) about the tragic voyage.
A lot of thought went into getting the costumes just right. For instance, costume designer James Keast differentiated the First, Second, and Third Class passengers through clothing. Did you know a larger hat size denoted a larger bank account? While watching this weekend, now you’ll also notice that the First Class passengers have tall and slender bodies and wear larger hats, while the Second and Third Class passengers have curvier bodies and wear smaller hats.
Titanic airs Sunday, April 15 at 9:01 p.m. EST.
More on Luckymag.com:
- Kate Bosworth Preps for Coachella Wearing Lots of JewelMint Baubles
- Lookbook Love: Charlotte Free for Forever 21
- Shop it Out: Damsels in Distress
- Chloë Sevigny and Juliette Lewis Model BLK DNM’s New ‘Leather Jacket 8′
- Is This Emma Watson’s Weirdest Outfit Ever?
Keep up with the Lucky team on Twitter: Follow @LuckyMagazine