Blame it on fashion’s current obsession with superheroes, but this season’s runways have been chockablock with would-be crusaders. We’re talking, of course, about capes—and whether double-breasted, toggled, or covered in houndstooth or plaid, they’ve been a standout trend at the Fall 2012 shows.
Click through the slideshow to see which designers did the best takes on the cape—and to shop some great ones that are available right now. After all, they’re the perfect piece to get you through the tricky winter-to-spring transitional temperatures ahead.
More on Luckymag.com:
- Shop the Trend: Blood Red
- Shop the Trend: Fur Sleeves
- Shop the Trend: Black, White and Gray All Over
- Lucky Stars: Diane Kruger in 10 Crosby Derek Lam
- J.Crew x Manolo Blahnik: So Good
For more fashion chatter, follow Elana on Twitter: Follow @elanafishman
Keep up with the Lucky team on Twitter: Follow @LuckyMagazine