It’s always a given that designers will show bundled-up looks in their fall collections, and those generally include some sort of real or faux fur. This season, we’ve been noticing a preponderance of what can best be described as "gorilla arms": contrasting fur-covered sleeves on otherwise woolen, cashmere or leather garments.
Already spotted on the runways at BCBG Max Azria, Prabal Gurung and Honor over the past few days, these outerwear eye-catchers are a newly duo-textured take on the classic fur chubby. Click through the slideshows to see how designers styled them—and to shop currently-available takes on this budding trend.
More on Luckymag.com:
- Shop the Trend: Black, White and Gray All Over
- Peter Som Fall 2012: Precise, Polished and Finished With a Peplum
- Shailene Woodley Loves Shopping at Thrift Stores—But Was Scouting Oscars Options at the Honor Show
- BCBG Max Azria Fall 2012: Geometric Lines and Fancy Fur
- Porter Grey Fall 2012: Frontier References and Lovely Leather
For more fashion chatter, follow Elana on Twitter: Follow @elanafishman
Keep up with the Lucky team on Twitter: Follow @LuckyMagazine