Here’s a fun game to play: before asking a women who her biggest fashion icons are, try to guess the answer yourself. If ballet flats and cigarette pants are part of her outfit, she’ll probably put Audrey Hepburn and Jackie O on the list. Those who might bring up Kate Moss will be wearing a biker jacket or grey skinny jeans. Perhaps your surest bet, though, is that Sofia Coppola will be mentioned by any lady in a pair of ankle-strap pumps, sandals and wedges. The famous filmmaker has favored footwear with built-in jewelry since the start of her career; she pairs the style with any kind of outfit and for any kind of public appearance.
In honor of the Bling Ring director’s 42nd birthday, get inspired to make a mid-afternoon accessory swap with 12 of Sofia’s greatest shackle shoe moments in the slideshow below.
More on Luckymag.com:
- First Look: Sofia Coppola’s Lavender Alaia Wedding Dress
- Watch Right Now: Sofia Coppola’s Breathtaking Marni for H&M Video
- Sofia Coppola Directed a Film for the Marni x H&M Collaboration—in Morocco!
- Stop What You’re Doing, There’s a New Bling Ring Trailer
- Is This Emma Watson’s Weirdest Outfit Ever?
Keep up with the Lucky team on Twitter: Follow @LuckyMagazine