Statement jewelry has always made me a little nervous. Not that I don’t love the look–I just never think I can pull it off. When faced with a gorgeous jeweled bib at Barneys my thoughts are always the same: I’m not tall enough. It would overwhelm me. Maybe a nice charm necklace instead. And while I’m not about to stack bangles or pile multiple chains around my neck, I would like to start the new year with a fresh attitude toward accessorizing. In order to wear jewelry with maximum impact I am keeping the rest of my look minimal with one focal point per ensemble. Here are the picks I am using to enhance, not overwhelm, my daily look:
1. Oscar de la Renta Hammered Earrings, $175, saks.com. Regal, textural earrings really shine against a workday suit.
2. Banana Republic Ariel Necklace, $79.50,bananarepublic.com. Wear a wild, pre-layered necklace with a simple white tee to keep the overall effect effortless.
3. Marc by Marc Jacobs Zaza Chevron Bangle, $78, zappos.com. A tribal printed bangle adds a point of interest to basic winter cashmeres.
4. Knotted Twist Necklace, $98,jcrew.com. The ladylike rocker juxtaposition of this necklace will keep your little black dress from looking like a cliche.
5. Alexis Bittar Champagne Dust Pave Dome Ring, $255, shopbop.com. Opt to wear streamlined solids with this chunky bauble so not to distract from its glittering crystals.
6. Feather Ear Cuffs, $18,freepeople.com. An eye-catching riff on the feather trend, these dramatic sparklers require nothing more than a simple bun and clean-washed face.
How do you wear statement jewelry? What is your accessorizing style? Simple or “more is more”?
Day 12: Seventies Denim
Day 13:Double Duty Dresses
Day 14: Healthy Investments
What’s with All the Spam in the Comments Section?
We’re sure that you’ve noticed the flood of spam in the comments section lately. Spammers beware–we are completely on top of it. As we figure out a way to put a stop to this madness, we ask you for your patience and that you don’t stop leaving your own comments, because we love hearing from you!