Queen Elizabeth’s New Year Honours List for 2013 has just been unveiled, and we’re thrilled that one of our fashion favorites, Stella McCartney, made the cut. Considering that 2012 was a banner year for the British designer—she designed Team GB’s official kit for the London Olympics, dressed Kate Middleton and scooped up the British Fashion Awards for both Designer of the Year and Designer Brand of the Year—we couldn’t imagine a better choice for the royal honor.
Stella earned her new Order of the British Empire status for her services to the fashion industry, joining the ranks of existing designer OBEs like Alexander McQueen’s Sarah Burton—incidentally, another Duchess of Cambridge favorite. Who’s ready to see some stellar pregnancy designs from this monarch-approved duo?
Click through to shop some supremely discounted Stella McCartney finds.
Photo: WWD/Steve Eichner
More on Luckymag.com:
- 2012 British Fashion Awards: The Best Looks and How to Get Them
- Natalia Vodianova Models (Again!) For Stella McCartney
- January Shopping Horoscopes
- Cool Music Girls Share Their Winter Gift Ideas
- Video: Katharine McPhee on the Set of Lucky’s February Cover Shoot
Keep up with the Lucky team on Twitter: Follow @LuckyMagazine