A casually dressed crowd of editors and bloggers started New York Fashion Week early Wednesday morning with Steven Alan’s Fall 2012 presentation. As in past seasons, the designer chose to show his line at Pier 59 Studios in an open industrial space, displayed by two rows of hipster-cool models on raised platforms.
Given the chilly weather outside, we couldn’t help but wistfully wish for the layered outfits before us: an artful mix of tweedy overcoats, textured knits and brocade pieces. All the silhouettes and fabrics were inspired by traditional menswear and peppered with surprising shots of color and print.
Walking through the room, we could easily picture our fellow Lucky staffers wearing various ensembles (Lauren Sherman would be all over the cropped red trousers. And those chunky weave color-blocked sweaters? Totally Ray‘s thing). We’re fairly certain this collection is going to be a hit all around the office.
Click through the slideshow below to see all the looks and let us know which ones you like best.
More on Luckymag.com:
- It’s Tree Time at Barneys New York
- Jersey Shore Star Sammi Sweetheart’s Valentine’s Day Gift Guide
- Last Chance: Tommy Hilfiger’s Three Favorite Pieces From Spring 2012
- Fashion Video: Lanvin Busts Some Beats for Spring 2012
- Kate Bosworth Defies Gravity in Vanessa Bruno’s Spring 2012 Video
Keep up with the Lucky team on Twitter: Follow @LuckyMagazine