After making the effort to cook myself a nice meal, rarely do I take the time to serve it in the proper dishes my food deserves. Eggs in a mug? Sure, why not. Plastic fork from the bottom of my drawer? Less dishes later! This year I am breaking the microwave container cycle and amping up my mealtime ambience. Even if a pretty plate doesn’t really make my food taste any different, it sure makes eating it a lot more fun! Here is a batch of tableware perfect for turning any meal into an impromptu dinner party.
1. Latte Bowls, $30, anthropologie.com. A rainbow of perfectly sized bowls, these work equally well for both cereal and side dishes.
2. Polka Dot Dinner Plate, $14.95, fishseddy. Festive, bright polka dots make every meal feel like an occasion.
3. Cutensils Cutlery Set, $29.99, modcloth.com. This hodgepodge of cheerfully patterned silverware is sure to add a little charm to your table.
4. Mykonos Placemat, $18, jonathanadler.com. I love how these placemats have a slightly Grecian, exotic feel–like you are leisurely eating at a Mediterranean resort.
5. Aluminum Tumblers Set, $34.95, surlatable.com. Add a retro flair to your drinks with these half dozen break-proof and stackable tumblers.
6. Beam Mug, $2.95, cb2.com. Oversized and sunny, this mug will style your beverage with a coffeeshop vibe.
How do you add style to your meals? What is your go-to place for tabletop shopping?
Day 13:Double Duty Dresses
Day 14: Healthy Investments
Day 15:Statement Jewelry
What’s with All the Spam in the Comments Section?
We’re sure that you’ve noticed the flood of spam in the comments section lately. Spammers beware–we are completely on top of it. As we figure out a way to put a stop to this madness, we ask you for your patience and that you don’t stop leaving your own comments, because we love hearing from you!