- Stave off the onset of “you look tired” (a.k.a. aging) with sunscreen and sunglasses. It’s never too early to start, nor is it ever too late: The minute your skin is protected from the sun, it goes into repair mode, which it can’t do as well when it’s busy fending off UVA and UVB rays.
- Lines and crow’s-feet are temporarily plumped and blurred with eye cream, which also helps concealer smooth on, making dark circles easier to minimize. Great creams are also packed with antiagers to combat puffiness, discoloration and lines long-term.
- Dermatologic procedures—lasers, injections, peels—can make a more lasting (though not permanent) difference. Maintain the results as long as possible with creams.
- There’s a vein just above the inner corner of your eyes, almost at the bridge of your nose. Hit that with a dab of concealer and your eyes will look significantly more awake.
- Red eyes look tired and ancient. Visine, applied judiciously, makes a world of difference.
- The older you get, the more you need a quick coat of mascara. Or regular lashings of Latisse, the prescription lash grower, which seriously works, by the way.
More on Luckymag.com:
- Anti-Aging Products to Use When You’re Young
- How to Get Shiny Hair
- How to Get Perfect Skin
- How to Combat Dry Skin and Hair This Winter
- How to Cover Up a Cold
Keep up with the Lucky team on Twitter: Follow @LuckyMagazine