It looks like we’ll be traveling under the sea for Spring 2012—if the runways at Versace, Chanel, Jenny Packham and Givenchy were any indication, the deep-sea fantasies from your childhood have been given a sexy, grown-up spin, and the results are pure magic.
The trend isn’t overdone with obvious fishtail hems or ripples of blue, but rather with clean, subtle nods to the ebbs and flows of the ocean—just see Jenny Packham’s long, lithe silhouettes, Donatella Versace‘s seahorse-print separates, Givenchy’s pretty pailettes and the pearl-encrusted looks at Chanel (lest we forget Florence Welch performing in a giant clamshell on the runway).
Not feeling all-over fish scales? You can still achieve the look in small doses with a pretty coral necklace, a delicate lace top, or layers of pearl chains. Please visit Fabsugar.com to shop mermaid-inspired pieces for Spring.
More on Luckymag.com:
- Shop it Out: Titanic
- What to Buy With Your Tax Return
- Snap Poll: How Old Is Too Old to Wear Crazy Ass Nail Art?
- Get Emma Stone’s Abs—All it Takes Is Pilates
- The Shoe Aquatic: Miu Miu’s New Glitter Sandals
More on Fabsugar.com:
- Festival Best: 80 Awesome Snaps Straight From Coachella
- Coachella’s Best Accessories—Over 40 Snaps of the Coolest Bags, Shoes, and Festival Jewels
Keep up with the Lucky team on Twitter: Follow @LuckyMagazine