March Madness, the high point of every college basketball fan’s calendar year, kicks off today with the first round. But in the midst of building your bracket around Florida, Ohio or another team of your choice, you’ve likely forgotten about the old-school greats who paved the way for today’s champs. And while some of the best dressed dudes in the world happen to be basketballers (Dwyane Wade! Carmelo Anthony! Kobe!), there are tons of chic athletes competing in tennis, figure skating, soccer and swimming, too. To wit, we cracked open our history books and took a look back at some of the most fashionable sports stars of all time.
After all, winning doesn’t mean a thing unless you do it with style.* Click through the slideshow to see who we selected.
*We kid, of course. We’re actually in awe of everyone who possesses any sort of athletic ability. But those who look good while scoring goals or landing Triple Salchows are truly superhuman.
More on Luckymag.com:
- Designer Collabs That Should Be Real: Kiddie Cartoon Edition
- Maria Sharapova Talks Style and Sweets at her Sugarpova Candy Launch
- Great Olympic Style Moments
- Kristen Stewart vs. Ryan Lochte: Who Wore Their Entirely-Too-Small Top Better?
- 20 Dressy Shorts (At Every Price!)
Keep up with the Lucky team on Twitter: Follow @LuckyMagazine