Cutler, whose 2009 documentary, The September Issue, was a hit with both critics and crowds alike, is hard at work on an adaptation of the 1986 novel Fabulous Nobodies. Set in 1980s Manhattan, the novel tells the story of uniquely-named nightclub door girl Reality Nirvana Tuttle, a twentysomething obsessed with fashion.
Producer Julie Anne Quay describes the story as "Emma meets Clueless,"—and considering Nobodies author Tulloch is a former editor-in-chief herself, we’re guessing there will be fashion-world jokes aplenty in this flick. The project will begin filming this fall, and Cutler’s team is reportedly searching for a chic actress to play Reality. Any guesses as to who might land the role?
More on Luckymag.com:
- Mad Men: Shop the Styles of our Favorite Secondary Characters
- Five Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Reed Krakoff
- Mischa Barton Launched a Clothing Line—Would You Wear It?
- Oscar de la Renta’s Kidswear Line is Finally Available
- Denim on Denim Through the Ages
Keep up with the Lucky team on Twitter: Follow @LuckyMagazine