Newport Beach-based label Trovata is capitalizing on its nautical-cool image with a new knitwear division called Birds of Paradis by Trovata. "Knitwear is a category that I strongly relate to—it gives a sense of security, a sense of time, place and memory. Knitwear…is one of the few items of clothing that can be handed down from generation to generation," the brand’s founder, John Whitledge, told WWD.
The travel-inspired collection will launch in August with a lineup of wool pieces that reflect the colors and culture of Brazil. The designs, which include basic pullovers as well as wraps and dresses, range from $80 to $157. (Pretty affordable.) And in a cute twist that reflects Whitledge’s "sweater-as-memento" theory, each piece has a blank label on the inside for the wearer to write in their travel destination. Noteworthy knits, indeed.
More on Luckymag.com:
- London Fashion Week Fall 2012: Our Favorite Shows So Far
- Lana Del Rey Got a Mulberry Bag Named After Her
- Katie Ermilio Fall 2012: From Ladies Who Lunch to Girls Who Brunch
- How to Buy a Diamond on a Budget
- Best Accessories of New York Fashion Week
Keep up with the Lucky team on Twitter: Follow @LuckyMagazine