All too often, Valentine’s Day-themed jewelry falls into the same general category as those chalky candy hearts—sweet in sentiment, but kinda cheesy and surprisingly unsatisfying. Thank goodness, then, for jewelry designer Venessa Arizaga’s wacky and fun lineup of V-Day charm bracelets and necklaces. In a season packed with chocolate truffles, roses, lingerie and other romantic clichés, the former Zac Posen design director offers us chains wrapped with fluorescent threadwork, her signature skulls and tiny pink bones (the latter for her "Let’s" bracelet—get it?). Sure, there are also colorful hearts aplenty—but the lovey-dovey shape just seems so much cooler dangling next to a bloodshot eyeball, no?
Click through to peep the whole collection, which will hit Venessaarizaga.com and the designer’s other online stockists (such as Shopbop.com and Openingceremony.us) on January 15th. With prices starting at $55, they’re a far more affordable—not to mention original—alternative to diamonds.
More on Luckymag.com:
- Video: Lingerie Gift Ideas for Valentine’s Day
- Valentine’s Day Gifts That Are Not Lame, According to Some Very Cool Sources
- Happy Birthday, Kate Middleton! Peep the Duchess of Cambridge’s Most Memorable Style Moments Ever
- Shop it on myLucky: Futuristic Nail Polish
- Printed Pants For Every Size
Keep up with the Lucky team on Twitter: Follow @LuckyMagazine