Kenneth Jay Lane originally wanted to be an architect—but isn’t surprised that he wound up designing Art Deco-inspired jewelry instead. "I’m not saying that every architect could be a good designer or visa versa," he says to Lucy Sykes, Fashion Director of Rent the Runway, in the clip below. "But there is always a connection."
Watch the entire video to see Kenneth open up about the women who wear his pieces (including Lady Gaga!) and his first fashion memory.
More on Luckymag.com:
- Honor Launches E-Commerce
- Rachel Zoe’s Cinemagraph Lookbook is Moving. Literally.
- JCrew.com Now Offers International Shipping in 107 Different Countries
- Coach Returns to its Roots With the Legacy Collection—And We Want It All
- Do You Wear the Same Bra Size in Every Brand? We Measure Styles From Five Labels to Find Out
Keep up with the Lucky team on Twitter: Follow @LuckyMagazine