Earlier this month, we showed you Chanel’s beautiful spring ads, starring models Saskia de Brauw and Joan Smalls doing some tricky-looking gymnastics by the sea. Now, the classic Parisian house has released a making-of featurette that shows how the campaign came together.
Since most of the clothes aren’t exactly sporty, it’s pretty entertaining seeing Joan suspended over open water in an embellished feather dress or Saskia swinging on the uneven bars in a pristine tweed suit. We have to admit that seeing the girls fling those 2.55 chain handle bags around a swimming pool was a little heartbreaking. How do you get chlorine out of lambskin and sequined blazers?
More on Luckymag.com:
- Peep Chanel’s Gymnastic-Themed Spring Ad Campaign
- Chanel Does Seaside Gymnastics for Spring 2012
- Meet Choupette: Karl Lagerfeld’s Fluffy New Kitten
- Watch Right Now: Lanvin Petite’s Precious Winter Video
- Narciso Rodriguez Goes Into His Archives for Rent the Runway
Keep up with the Lucky team on Twitter: Follow @LuckyMagazine