In between planning pop-up shops, "Karlifying" his fans and sponsoring promotional contests, Karl Lagerfeld’s certainly been busy prepping for the launch of his new Net-a-Porter collection. But now that the complete KARL collection has been unveiled, we’re thinking the Kaiser might be in need of a little meditative reflection. How else can one possibly explain this new video of Karl interviewing, well, himself for Net-a-Porter TV?
From the dubstep-soundtracked intro to the somewhat catty finale (note to self: never ask Lagerfeld if he’s "easily bored"), the whole clip’s pretty funny—though unfortunately, there’s no cameo from Choupette. I took a particular shine to Interviewer Karl, who’s full of witty gems like:
"We should have come together—then you would have been on time."
"What would you take on a desert island? I’d prefer not to go there, but…that’s not my problem."
Watch the whole thing below. And beware: even those pitch-black sunglasses might not be enough to shield you from Interviewer Karl’s withering glares.
More on Luckymag.com:
- Karl Lagerfeld’s Collection Hits Net-a-Porter Today: Here’s the Entire Lookbook
- Net-a-Porter is Opening Five Pop-Up Shops for Karl Lagerfeld’s New Collection
- Join Karl’s Kult for a Chance to Win $1,000 at Net-a-Porter.com and Free Pieces From his New Collection
- Meet Choupette: Karl Lagerfeld’s Fluffy New Kitten
- Six Statement Pants We’re Kind of Obsessed With
Keep up with the Lucky team on Twitter: Follow @LuckyMagazine