A long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away—or actually, just any place in America during the early ’90s—we were forced to wait out storms with little more than a boxed-up Battleship game and a Walkman. Some families were lucky enough to have one of those newfangled DVD players, but most just kept rewinding and re-watching the same timeworn copy of Mrs. Doubtfire on VHS until it broke.
Those days, thank goodness, are over.
Now when the natural disaster du jour hits, we’re armed with iTunes, digital cable and, most importantly, internet shopping. So really, there’s no excuse for getting bored these next couple of indoors-only days. Especially not with the following 10 promotions happening online. Scroll down to distract yourself from Sandy now.
1. Luckybrand.com: Until November 7 at 11:59 PM, shoppers will receive $20 off select peasant tops and plaid shirts, like this slouchy flannel bottom-down that would be oh-so-cozy on a blustery afternoon such as today’s.
2. Madewell.com: Just use the code YIPPEE while checking out between now and Sunday, November 4, to receive an additional 25 percent off all sale pieces. There’s good options in every category but the biggest selection is of dresses and skirts, with 61 different pieces to sift through, including this comfy leopard print shift.
3. Lesnouvelles.com: In honor of the impending arrival of Halloween, get 20 percent all all fall collections through October 31 with the code GHOST at checkout.
4. Forever21.com: Select outerwear is 50 percent off, making some pieces—like this faux fur collar jacket and felt coat—under $20. Order something now and hopefully you’ll receive it right when it’s safe to go outside again.
6. Reiss.com: One of the Duchess of Cambridge‘s favorite brands is having its mid-season sale right now until this Wednesday, October 31. Take the opportunity to make like K-Mid and stock up on sheath dresses, fancy jackets and tapered trousers up to half off.
7. Bloomingdales.com: Today is the last day of the department store’s 25 to 30 percent off shoe sale which includes over 500 pairs from brands like Sam Edelman, Dolce Vita and Sigerson Morrison.
8. Piperlime.com: When ordering five pairs of discounted pumps from Bloomingdales doesn’t completely sate your hunger for affordable footwear, continue your sale binge here, with 20 percent off boots. Just at the code BOOTS while checking out.
9. Stevenalan.com: Not only is there a TON of autumn-appropriate stuff on sale (snuggly pea cots, flannel dresses, stack soled booties) but, with the code SANDYFREESHIP, it’ll all ship out for free.
10. Rebeccataylor.com: Use the promo RTFTW1012 while purchasing a handbag or shoes and get $50 off a clothing purchase of $200 or more. We’d recommend these snakeskin pumps and this glittery gown but really, every combo is a winner.
More on Luckymag.com: