The following is a guest post from our friends at The Budget Fashionista.
The white tee: I can’t imagine life without it. As a child, a white tee was easy and went with everything. Now, as an adult woman, a white tee and jeans remains one of the most sexy outfits I wear. It’s hard to imagine that before I was born, women only wore white T-shirts to bed or maybe after being stolen from their husband or brother’s closet, to work in the garden. Nowadays it’s a classic, chic item worn by everyone from hip hop stars to the departed Princess Diana.
In honor of my favorite basic top, I’ve collected pictures of celebrities and style icons wearing it—such as Jane Birkin, to the left—along with fun facts about its rise in pop culture. Visit Thebudgetfashionista.com for my full history on plain white tees now.
More on Thebudgetfashionista.com:
- Please DO NOT Wear the Following this Holiday Season…
- 40 Cyber Monday Deals Better than Pumpkin Pie
- PHOTOS: Target Paints Thanksgiving Night and Black Friday Red with Huge Deals
- Out of This World: Galaxy-Inspired Fashion Stuff
- How to Stay Stylish In Ultimate Comfort without Wearing Sweats
More on Luckymag.com:
- 10 Beauty Classics We Can’t Get Enough Of
- American Idol Style Evolution: Our Favorite Contestants, Then & Now
- Graphic Tees and Sweatshirts For the One Percent
- How to Totally Own Ugly Chic
- 20 Cyber Monday Steals You Simply Can’t Miss
Keep up with the Lucky team on Twitter: Follow @LuckyMagazine