During our daily Outnet scan we noticed the site’s latest batch of markdowns is pretty Balmain heavy. Amongst the 105 piece selection are plenty of embellished jackets, silk tops and skinny pants, all up to 80 percent off. However, before you whip out your wallet, be sure to take these markdowns in context. The French label, which caused a stir in 2010 for selling a $1,625 T-shirt, is notorious for its extravagant pricing.
Take this shimmering gold maxi: at $4,679, it’s less than a quarter of the original cost (which was a whopping $23,395), but still a huge investment. Even the least pricey items (which are tank tops and scarves) will set you back a couple hundred—way more than comparable buys from other brands. What do you guys think? Would you spend several grand on a designer sale piece, even if it was still incredibly expensive?
More on Luckymag.com:
- Watch Right Now: Behind the Scenes of Chanel’s Seaside Spring Campaign
- Jamie Bell, Adrien Brody, Garrett Hedlund and More Hit the Runway at Prada
- Meet Choupette: Karl Lagerfeld’s Fluffy New Kitten
- See a 2012 Version of Cher’s Virtual Closet From Clueless
- Dries Van Noten’s Spring Collection is Being Showcased Alongside the Art that Inspired It
Keep up with the Lucky team on Twitter: Follow @LuckyMagazine