The Scene: Yigal Azrouel has earned a cult following among NY’s fashion crowd. Which means there were plenty of friendly faces—editors, socialites, buyers—in the audience. Not a bad vibe to be felt.
The Look: Fall 2012‘s muse was Françoise Hardy. And more particularly, Hardy’s desire to keep her private life private. The styles were modest, but not in a matronly or drab way. Yigal has a knack for covering bodies without making them look completely unsexy. His masterful leather work was present in sharply tailored pants and dresses, accented with fur. Faces were hidden under oversized fur hats.
Pieces we Liked: The crazy awesome fur hats and perhaps the coziest sweater dress ever to grace the earth.
More on Luckymag.com:
- Shop the Trend: Black, White and Gray All Over
- Alice + Olivia Wants You to Get Into Their Pants
- Erickson Beamon Fall 2012: A Sparkling Prohibition-Era Shindig
- Mulberry Made You a Valentine’s Day Mix Tape
- Costello Tagliapietra Fall 2012: Dresses Worth Investing In
For biting wit, follow John on Twitter: Follow @johnjannuzzi
Keep up with the Lucky team on Twitter: Follow @LuckyMagazine